Do you know your skin age?
Studies show, you can be 25 years old but your skin could be 50! Let’s see, what it means! 😲
As a Worldwide Ayurvedic Herbal Tea brand, we have always wanted to address this concern with our ancient herbs. However, there are several measures we can take to prevent this. Let’s look at some generic ones as well as the ones where we believe we can contribute to the solution.
A survey on skin aging shows the age of the skin is not necessarily the same as the person’s biological age.
While real age is measured by years from birth, skin age is measured by the loss of elastin in the dermis and arteries.
What causes the skin to age faster than it should?
- Not drinking enough liquids. 🥤
- Spending too much time in the sun or exposed to UV rays. ☀️
- Being in very dry air. 🌪️
- Smoking. 🚬
- Feeling stress. 🙇
- Losing sweat and oil glands, which is common with age. 😥
Steps we can take to reduce the damage:
- Drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day. 🚰
- Ensuring 6 to 7 hours of sleep. 😴
- Regular use of sunscreen, and moisturization. 🧴
- Avoiding stress. Some herbal teas have shown significant effects in helping deal with stress. ☕
- Adopting a daily exercise. 🏃
According to a study published in the Journal of Food Science, blue tea has a higher total polyphenol content and antioxidant than green tea and black tea. This can help to protect the skin from UV damage.
You can even try using a soft spray of Butterfly Pea Flower-infused water on your face.